Having a newborn baby at home will surely make you feel overwhelmed with time. Taking care of a small baby isn’t so easy and one requires to put in lot of efforts that you can’t even imagine. But yes you can manage these things with little more effort and care. After all care and love is what you are intended to give them the most. You are not alone in this journey, we are with you aiding you in every step. As new parents, we know what you go through and hence I compiled these tips that will help you in every step.
The infants do only two things-eating and sleeping. The newborn babies sleep for almost 16 hours a day but in short span. They will wake up at odd hours and hence you are bound to be very careful when you are around a newborn baby.
- Do not obsess over being tired- You have a newborn baby at home and it is very obvious that you won’t be able to have proper sleep. You have only two options here- being tired or being tired and angry. It is better to just being tired so that you can handle the things with peace of mind. Anger isn’t going to do any good.
- Take shifts- Taking shifts with baby is a great idea. One night mom will take care of the munchkin and the other night dad will. This is the best arrangement that you can do when you have a newborn at home.
- Sleep when baby sleeps- This is an old adage but it surely makes a lot of sense. Sleep only when your baby is asleep, this way you will be able to get more work done.
No one knows the reasons for the cranky behavior of babies. Soothing a baby is not easy and you will be doing several trial and error methods in the process.
- Swaddle, shush, mimicking the womb, swinging are some of the ways that you can adapt to soothe the kids.
- Playing soft music may also help, but the situations for this are slimmer.
- Warmer wipes can help at times. You can get an electric warm wiper or do it at your home.
- Take a warm bath together.
- You can do a lot many things to soothe a cranky baby. You never know which one will work.
- Go to a lactation specialist when you are pregnant. This will surely help you with the kid.
- You can learn a lot of things in the hospital itself. if you are a first time mom, you don’t know how to breastfeed and with the help of hospital resources you will understand what to do.
- Be prepared- You should avoid anything that you are doing in order to feed the baby. The process is going to take a while so from peeing to having a bottle of water next to you, arrange everything in advance.
These are some of the tips that will surely help the parents with newborn babies.